Here’s my predicament (as told in a run on sentence): You know when a friend emails you and you have so much to say, but you don’t have that much time to write the meaningful note that you would like, so rather than write back a short little note to acknowledge that you received his/her note and are thinking of him/her, you don’t write back because you want to wait unit you have more time to write something better than, “I’m alive. Thanks for asking,” and then days, weeks and months go by and you haven’t bothered to write back……….
Here’s my note to say I’m sorry to all of the people who I’ve been meaning to write to and I’ve been thinking about you all – in the downtime between wiping the French dog shit off my shoes (did you know that dog owners in France don’t really pick up their dog shit? True fact.). And I sincerely apologize to this blog because I’ve been very neglectful.
Here’s the short rundown of what’s happened since I last told you my story on the blog:
- I got a job (kind of) and am now an illegal worker in France
- It has been made clear that I am one of the few people in this country who knows how to carve a pumpkin
- I flew to Ireland and attended a Literary Pub Crawl with my mother and her 3 college friends and drank too much beer, way too fast (sort of like college)
- I stayed in a house in Brittany that was built in 1368
- It has become evident that I don’t know a thing about tea
- My mother visited us in France for 2 weeks where we simultaneously scared her, amazed her, and exhausted her (in between the time she was wiping the French dog shit off her shoe)
- I’ve come to peace with the fact that I will likely never know anything substantial about French wines and still buy wines based on my own vetted criteria which is as follows (if I can answer “yes” to both questions, I buy it):
- Does it cost under 5€?
- Does it have some sort of gold or silver seal on the bottle?
What the hell are you doing? = Mais qu’est-ce que tu fous?
I promise that within the coming days I will give you the details of all of our adventures, but for now, I’ll leave you with this:
Mont St. Michel is even more amazing than I imagined it would be.